Thursday, March 12, 2009

Apple Blossom


Apple Blossom

This Apple blossom was spotted in El Cajon, California. I didn’t know that you can produce Apples in Southern California but apparently it is possible especially in the mountains. The area near Julian, California had quite a few Apple trees and has an Apple Festival at harvest time.

Here are some facts about Apple Production:

Apples are the fourth most widely produced fruit in the world after bananas, oranges and grapes.

Apple production in recent years surpassed 60 million metric tons, enough to provide each person in the world with about 20 lbs of apples.

Washington State is the largest apple producing state, consistently accounting for about 55 percent of the U.S. total.

The next four producing states are New York, Michigan, California and Pennsylvania. Production in these states has declined in the last decade.

Belrose Apple Industry Facts

This would have been a better picture with a little more Depth of Field.

I have been listening to a lot of new Cd’s. When I was in Manhattan on Saturday dropping off the D70s for service I had to hit some of the stores in the Village to see what they had. I picked up a few bootlegs including Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood Live in 2007 and a few used discs. These are a few of the new (and old) discs I have gotten recently.

Jorma Kaukonen – River of Time


KT Tunstall – Drastic Fantastic


Chicago - Chicago II

Van Morrison – Astral Weeks Live

One of my customers gave me a CD of their granddaughter’s music. So with a hint of skepticism I cued up the disc. It actually was very good. Kind of a folkie/indie type of music. We are going to try and see a gig if we can (lucky she is local). Check it out on Ellen Kempner @ MySpace Music

3 comments:

joey said...

Love our Michigan apples, Chris! Thanks for the promo :)

Anonymous said...

I love fruit tree blossoms. The flower almost all look alike, at least to me. They're just pretty and I love when they fill a tree. Beautiful shots.

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed the odd music lately. You might enjoy Rilo Kiley, Regina Spektor or Grace Potter and the Nocturnals if you want to try something of the indie scale.