Monday, March 16, 2009

Field Daisy


Field Daisy
Leucanthemum vulgare
(lew-KANTH-ih-mum) (vul-GAIR-ee)
Synonyms: Marguerite, Moon Daisy

Just a Daisy that was spotted along the beach in La Jolla for today. Since today is our return to full time work maybe the simplicity of this flower will rub off on the season. Ox-eye Daisy is considered a weed in may places but to me it is always cheerful and wonderful. It does seed a lot like at the Estate but it can be controlled fairly easy do to its shallow root system.

Spring starts on Friday and about that I am glad. The forecast is for moderately mild temperatures this week.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Now this photo really makes me nostalgic!! When I was mowing the lawn for my parents, as a teenager, there was a daisy flower right in the middle. I took the mower around it, and the patch got bigger. This kept going for a couple of years till I moved away from home. My mother never did complain about that patch of daisies, but as soon as she took over the mowing, it was history!