Thursday, July 23, 2009

Two Daylilies


Daylily
Hemerocallis 'Chicago Picotee Memories'
(hem-er-oh-KAL-iss)

Even though this Daylily was introduced in 1987 this was the first time I had seen it. The colors really worked well together and the tightly crimped flower edges with purple added a lot to the over all picture. It looked to be blooming on a pretty sturdy plant that was about 30 inches tall.

Here is an extra Daylily from the NYBG that I failed to record the name. I was being so diligent about it but this one got away. It is really a dark orange and yellow. Almost brown.


Being the head of the IT department (I am also the Chief Sanitation Officer and VP in charge of filing) of our small company is something that can be very challenging especially for someone like me. We just got a number of hardware and software upgrades yesterday so I am busy opening the boxes, charging batteries and of course the ever painful reading of the manuals. There will be more about the recent additions to the office as they get sorted out.

No comments: