Sunday, November 29, 2009

Large-flowered Clematis

Large-flowered Clematis
Clematis 'Nelly Moser'
Today’s Flowers .

This Clematis was blooming at work this summer. What is nice about ‘Nelly Moser’ is the flowers are really big. The color is pretty nice, too. This cultivar of Clematis as always proved to be a hardy, reliable bloomer.

These next pictures are of Amelia. This beautiful little dog succumbed to cancer on October 30 of this year at just nineteen months old. We really have an extended family of garden dogs and it is always tough to lose one of them. This case it was especially difficult since Amelia was so young. She was only three months older than our dog Juno. When she was feeling good she was always running around the garden. She was shy but when you made friends with her she would have to come over and see what you were doing and if you tried to walk away she would nip at your pant legs.




Remember, I will still be here
As long as you hold me, in your memory


Remember, when your dreams have ended
Time can be transcended
Just remember me


I am the one star that keeps burning, so brightly,
It is the last light, to fade into the rising sun


I'm with you
Whenever you tell, my story
For I am all I've done


Remember, I will still be here
As long as you hold me, in your memory
Remember me


I am that warm voice in the cold wind, that whispers
And if you listen, you'll hear me call across the sky


As long as I still can reach out, and touch you
That I will never die


Remember, I'll never leave you
If you will only remember
James Horner and Cynthia Weil

26 comments:

Digital Flower Pictures said...

I wanted to post a link to my new website which is under construction at the moment. If you have time click over there and let me know what you think.
The New Digital Flower Pictures.com

Al said...

Hmm I went to the website and it looks great! Looking forward to your new website.

DeniseinVA said...

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of Amelia. She was so beautiful and so was this tribute to her.

DeniseinVA said...

I have just been over to your new website too. It's wonderful. I tried to send you an e-mail from there but my computer is so slow this morning and wouldn't load up my letter-program. I thought I would just let you know how much I enjoyed it here.

Nance said...

I planted Clematis this summer, can't wait to see it bloom next summer! That poem is so touching!...and sorry to hear about Amelia, such a beautiful dog!

Chubskulit Rose said...

I like clematis. Great tribute for Amelia!

Mine is up too

Carver said...

I am so sorry about your dog. That is so sad. I love clemantis.

My name is Riet said...

THat is a beautiful clematis. What a beautiful dog Amelia was.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful flower picture. Clematis "Nelly Moser" was one of the first clematis I planted in our garden, very reliable plant.
Your tribute to your Amelia brought tears to my eyes.
Thank you for sharing,
Gisela

Happily Retired Gal said...

Lovely Clematis and pink Canna Lily in the previous post too. I'm sorry for your loss of Amelia. She was a gorgeous puppy.
Hugs and blessings,

SandyCarlson said...

Tat's a sad one about Amelia. I wonder how this can happen to a pup so young. So sad.

The clematis is really lovely. Touchable.

SandyCarlson said...

The new blog is looking mighty hot.

Quilt Works said...

Fantastic flowers, and beautiful dog!




... Visit my contribution "Artsy Chair"

i beati said...

crying here. So sad.Will you get another?

Rechie said...

awesome shot of that awesome flower but I am sad about this little furry fellow...it is quite hard losing as beautiful as this lil pup..

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. Amelia wasn't my dog but lived at one of the houses where I take care of the garden so we got to play together often.

Pat's Addition said...

Lovely flower...I had flowers and then the plant died back big time...what's the trick to clematis?

I still think of my sable collie Timara, gone nearly 35 years!

Light and Voices said...

I have a hard time growing Clematis since we have hired landscapers. I don't have a clue why. Before no problem. Your Clematis is lovely. Hug your dog for me.
Joyce-Illinois

Unknown said...

Nelly Moser is a lovely clematis. I have one growing on the east side of my house.

So sorry to learn of Amelia's short life. She was beautiful.

Unknown said...

Lovely shot of the flower - love the details.

I'm sad to read about Amelia. She was beautiful. My dog died a number of years ago, but I still miss her lots.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Dogs share a big part of our lives and take a bit when they die. I have three muddy stinky furry large dogs....and will cry like a baby when any one of them goes.

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

Amelia is lucky to have been so loved, and so beautifully photographed and eulogized.

Your site is mixed, for me. I always love your photography, but the neon green and yellow on black header is hard on the eyes and detracts from the photos, to my mind. I suggest something subtler, even all white to set off the photos better. Also the slanted line between the categories is a little hard in terms of easy readability. I'd also put the big exciting closeup higher on the page so you don't have to scroll to see it. Hope that might be helpful. It's a lot to do, isn't it?

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Sara thanks for the opinion. I will see what I can do to tone things down with the text. Part of the problem is I am using a 24" monitor to design with. Tough to see where things are going to end up. Since I am not a web person I have to learn each step in the design. It is a slow process.

Misti said...

Sorry about the pup. :( Was she a sheltie or collie?

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Hi Misti, Thanx. Amelia was a sheltie and a little one at that. It made it a little more sad, I think. She was quite delicate.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I want to express my sympathy for your loss of Amelia.

I enjoyed scrolling down your blog looking at your photos.