Thursday, November 19, 2009

Maui Sunsets

Maui Sunsets
Sky Watch Friday

This Skywatch was taken right off the back deck of the house in Kihei, Hawaii. I had only been in Hawaii a couple of hours when this photo op presented itself.

This next sunset was also taken in Kihei (I think it is pronounced key-hey) but down by the beach. This sunset went on for hours or so it seemed. That is the southeast shore of the island of Lanai in the distance. It was a very mysterious island that always seemed to lurking in the background. This was taken with the D70s and 105mm Nikon lens. One area that the D700 performs better than the D70 is with digital noise. This photo has a lot of noise and I tried running a noise reduction program on it but it didn’t help much. It is not often that I wish I had the D700 but this shot was one of them.


This one won’t make into the travel brochure :lol:


Visit Sky Watch Friday for more skies around the world.
SkyWatch Friday Home Page

11 comments:

Magdalena said...

I love your second picture with the palm trees it makes me want to go on vacation now in these dark times, so can a little light can do good.

Have a nice weekend!

Jim said...

Beautiful sunset shots. Quite a contrast to the smoke filled sky though.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

eden said...

amazingly beautiful shots.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

DFP: Love the first one with the tree on fire.

Al said...

I think sunsets are always wonderful to watch, the clouds in the first photo are like giant birds flying.

Light and Voices said...

Maui is my favorite spot in the world. But that last image; ugh.
Joyce-Illinois U.S.A.

XoXo said...

Great colors and look at that smoke...

EJ said...

Oh the cloud and the smoke fused!

My Sky Watch Friday

diane b said...

lovely sunset and dramatic industrial shot. I have a noise reduction setting but I dont know what it means. What is digital noise ? What does it look like?

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Thanks for the comments.

Diane, it is hard to explain what noise is but you can check this page:
What is Digital Noise?

storyteller -SouthernCalifornia said...

Those first two are MARVELOUS island sky views ... the last an interesting contrast ;-)
Hugs and blessings,