Monday, January 24, 2011

Chinese Dogwood


Chinese Dogwood
Cornus kousa
(KOR-nus) (KOO-suh)

This tree has been featured on this blog several times. As a matter of fact the first ever post was on pink Kousa Dogwood. It is a wonderful tree and I was really happy when last year a customer said they had two that they wanted to be removed from their yard. We took them home and so far they are looking good. They fit right in Chris’s Garden of Castaways as I call it. Basically the garden is made up of plants from work, unwanted, over orders, cancellations and things of that nature.


Today is really cold here as we woke up to temperatures of 10 degrees below zero (F). On the positive side it is suppose to warm up a little just in time for the next winter storm on Wednesday.

Just a note to photographers I completed my back up of my 2010 photos on DVD yesterday. Even though I had done it a couple of times during the year I decided to write a whole new set of discs.

5 comments:

Talibra said...

Ładny jest ale dość kapryśny, nie bardzo chce kwitnąć, pozdrawiam.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Love these dogwood.
Good for you to back up your photos, just bought an external hard drive for just that purpose.

Not So Simply Single said...

Ten degrees below? I am freezing just thinking about that. Thank God I live in Hawaii, I couldn't take that sort of cold!

I love Dogwood, just beautiful!

Lisa

LILIANA G. said...

Maravillosas fotografías !!!! Me encantó tu blog, volveré.
Un beso desde Argentina

Les said...

I got to see a doorway this past weekend where a dogwood flower motif was carved into the stone. It was almost as nice as that first picture of yours.