Friday, January 07, 2011

Dalina Samoa


Decorative Dahlia
Dahlia 'Dalina Samoa’
(DAHL-ya)

Orange flowers aren’t my favorite but over the years they have become more beautiful to my eye. ‘Samoa’ is a nice dark shade of orange and the flowers look nice growing against the dark green foliage. I have been very happy growing the Dalina type of Dahlias. They are short (big bonus, no staking) and seem to produce a lot of flowers. The color range is also good. They are mostly named after far off tropical locations, which is always fun when planting them in our cold, damp spring.


Here is another Dahlia. It looks like a Cactus type even though the tag said ‘Bishop of Oxford’. I am pretty sure that name is wrong but it is still a beautiful flower.

3 comments:

Dejemonos sorprender said...

Mmm, so beautiful flowers.. colours are very pleasant.. Thanks..
Greetings..

Roberta said...

The composition of your photographs are absolutely fabulous. I find I am attracted to the yellows and oranges more in the fall.

Tina L. Hook said...

Gorgeous photos. I do love flowers.

Thanks for visiting my blog.