Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hybrid Tea Rose ‘Gemini’


Hybrid Tea Rose ‘Gemini’
Synonyms: JACnepal

I love this rose and it was a real pleasure to see it blooming in California when we were there in November. The color shading (which isn't really apparent from this photo) is always a pleasure to take in, as is the wonderful fragrance this rose packs. I haven’t tried to grow it here because of the reports it isn’t very hardy in our zone.

You are probably tired of me bitching about the snow but we got dumped on again last night with 12 inches (30.5 cm). It has been a snow record for a month here in Connecticut with a total of 55 inches (138 cm) for the month (old record 45 inches). That is just the official total, locally there are areas that got a lot more. Right now I am just ticking the days off until we head down to Florida. We leave in 5 days.

4 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

You all in the northeast have certainly been hit hard this winter. We had our share down here in SC, you can keep the rest of it.
Enjoy Florida, hope your travel plans are affected by the snow.

SandyCarlson said...

A beautiful rose.

Five days to Florida? Ha! Enjoy.

Whenever I visit weather.com, I check the NC temps and wonder if the ennobling experience of a Connecticut winter need be a lifelong occupation. My noble character wants to stretch out on the beach!

Les said...

I am not a pink person, nor a rose person, but I love this rose and make sure we stock them every year.

The Redneck Rosarian said...

Beautiful rose. I see this one at rose shows. It is a beauty....