Sunday, June 05, 2011

Chandelier Lupine

Lupine
Lupinus 'Chandelier'
(loo-PIE-nus)

This Lupine was an eye catcher but I pushed my cart right by it in the nursery. My history with Lupines have been mixed and it doesn’t really seem perennial in this climate. Occasionally a few return the next season and if I am lucky a few new seedlings come up the following year. I do love the structure and geometric shapes the Lupines provide in the border but for me they are much better to gaze upon then to try and grow.

For more flower pictures from around the world check out:
Today’s Flowers . The links open at 1400 GMT.

Here is Sunday’s bonus picture, Just a Siberian Iris from work. The color blue is perfect and the plant seems to like being locked up in a tiny pocket of soil between the rocks of the pool stairs.


Siberian Iris
Iris sibirica
(EYE-ris) (sy-BEER-ah-kuh)

6 comments:

Rajesh said...

Beautiful flowers.

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

Hi Chris,

You might try lupines in sharper drainage. In northern CA where I used to live, they thrived on roadside banks and hillsides, and made quite a show with the orange poppies. And here in Seattle mine did fine with some very hard freezes. They sure are sculptural! Here is one photo

http://www.lovethatimage.com/blog/2011/06/pink-lupine/

Kathy said...

Living in Texas, we have bluebonnets, which is a lupine. They're one of my favorites. But I also love all kinds of iris and the Siberian is lovely.

Laura said...

loving the siberian Iris...gorgeous!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Looks lovely!!

Roses

Cloudia said...

W O W!!!!




Aloha from Waikiki :)

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

<°)}}><