Saturday, June 11, 2011

Julia Child Floribunda Rose


Julia Child Floribunda Rose
Synonyms: WEKvossutono, ‘Absolutely Fabulous’

This rose was featured here in 2009 and was added to the big rose garden in 2010. I have been happy with it in the garden. Its bright sunny yellow flowers are always nice to se especially on cloudy days. It seems to have good disease resistance and a lot of flowers during the season. It would be on my recommended list in general but it gets really high marks for a yellow rose.

It is fitting that I am posting a rose today as the hunt continues for 10 replacement roses. I have been to several nurseries so far and only found disease ridden, bug eaten roses. It seems harder and harder to find good roses that are not knockout types. Don’t get me wrong Knockouts are fine but they wouldn’t fit into the rose garden very well. There is no way I am buying a rose loaded with disease from the “factory”. It is just asking for problems.

Julia Child was obviously a colorful person. Here are a couple of my favorite quotes by her:

"Learn to cook--try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!"

"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.”

Both of those can be applied to gardening.

1 comment:

Nell Jean said...

Julia Child is a fave here. I hope you find suitable roses soon.