Saturday, December 24, 2011

Red Fox Poinsettia


Poinsettia

Euphorbia pulcherrima ‘Red Fox Premium Miro’

(yoo-FOR-bee-uh) (pul-KAIR-ih-muh)


Since it is Christmas Eve here is a shot of a nice Poinsettia. Not my favorite plant but nice to have around during the holiday. When I went to get a couple of ‘Points’ at the local nursery I couldn’t believe how many had been sold since the last visit. I wasn’t hopeful about snagging some nice ones but did find this nicely colored one. The cultivar name may not be correct it is more of a strain type of name.

No matter the name it is still brightening up the house and adding a little cheer to the house.


Like a lot of other families our celebration will be a little scaled back from previous years. The only thing we couldn’t scrimp on was our granddaughter’s presents. Nothing like seeing Christmas magic in a six year olds eye. She doesn’t understand about the economy and how work went this year so she will be getting her usual large haul of stuff. I hope all of your Christmas dreams come true. I can’t wait to start playing my new guitar but have figured out I need a new amplifier (oh no $$$ lol) but will have to continue with the one I have for awhile (like spring). Right now I am using a Line 6 Spider IV75.


It's a nice amp but overly complicated in my opinion. I sometimes wonder if the engineers and designers actually use the products they put out.


"Christmas Eve was a night of song that wrapped itself about you like a shawl.

But it warmed more than your body.

It warmed your heart...filled it, too, with melody that would last forever."


Bess Streeter Aldrich (1881-1954), American author, 'Song of Years'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Una imagen perfecta para un interesante blog. Lo seguiré desde hoy. Feliz Navidad y Año Nuevo 2012!!

chicken coop said...

Poinsettia is so beautiful flower. Christmas is celebrated with lights and flowers so that's a nice option. Interesting stuff shared here.

Esteve Gallardo said...

BLOG GENIAL
UN ABRAZO