Friday, December 02, 2011

Ruby Red Cymbidium Orchid


Asian Corsage Orchid

Cymbidium ‘Via El Diablo 'Ruby Red'

(sim-BID-ee-um)


These photos are from the lost rolls of Orchid pictures I recently found on my hard drive. It is generally not like me to take pictures and then not even look at them since this blog needs a constant stream of new flowers. Cymbidium Orchids have appeared on this site many times and seem to be a good looking photogenic group. There are 52 species mostly native to subtropical Asia. They are popular as houseplants and cut flowers. I like how the light shines through on the second shot making the flowers almost translucent. That totally changes the color, which seemed to have a bit of variation among the spikes even without the back lighting.


Anybody else glad it is Friday? We are going to try and see the Rockefeller Christmas Tree this weekend. I am going to be putting my Christmas list together also. I really want a new/used guitar but don’t think Santa can be that generous this year. Since when did a new Fender Stratocaster become so expensive? The problem is as I have become a better player over the years the demands that I make on my instruments seem greater. The vintage 1960’s reissue would be great but the Pawn Shop line of guitars is probably more attainable.


Built as a dream guitar hybrid of several different models the 1951 ‘Nocaster’ in a blonde finish would be ideal. Time to hit craigslist for a used one maybe.

I am going to email Santa with a link right now!





3 comments:

Wave Hill said...

Hi!

Love the pictures on your blog! Thought you might be interested in learning about Wave Hill's 2012 Horticulture Lecture series. We explore different perspectives on building gardens with discussions on integrating architecture and landscape design, the life of garden designer Rosemary Verey and restoration ecology in private gardens. The three lectures take place January 18th, February 22nd and March 21st. Take a look at the press release here: http://www.wavehill.org/about/documents/Wave%20Hill%20Announces%202012%20Horticulture%20Lectures.pdf

We hope you can join us!

Best,

Peter - Wave Hill
pressroom@wavehill.org

SandyCarlson said...

I'm glad the lost are found! Gorgeous.

Scotkat said...

I am so enjoying your beauiful flowers and WOW the colour of your orchid is spectacular.