Friday, June 15, 2012

Octoberfest Grandiflora Rose



Grandiflora Rose
Rosa 'Octoberfest'
Synonyms: Lantern, MAClanter

This rose has been a wonderful addition to the big rose garden this year and it is a little hard to be a standout amongst so many great varieties. The colors on this one are pretty amazing and so far it has had a lot of flowers. The rose garden in general has been doing better but needs more sunny days. 

It was funny when while taking my own advice to “stop and smell the roses” a couple of beetles that had been hiding in a flower crawled out onto my face, which of course led me to brush off the bugs with a great flourish. My co-workers really found that hilarious and I guess I did too upon later reflection.

Here are some details on Octoberfest:

Breeding and Introduction : Samuel Darragh McGredy IV, introduced (US) by Weeks Roses as ‘Lantern’, 1999.
Parentage: 'Louise Gardner' × 'New Zealand'
Petal Count: 25
Fragrance: Moderate, fruit

No comments: