Monday, April 25, 2011

Large-Cupped Daffodil



Large-Cupped Daffodil
Narcissus
(nar-SIS-us)

Since over the years I have 100's or even 1000’s of Daffodil shots I was trying to do something creative here. The trumpet picture of this yellow and orange daff is what I ended up with. The flower had been beaten over by the rain and was hanging completely upside down. In hindsight I probably would have included a little more of the subject in a more centered composition. It was really windy when this picture was taken and it was quickly snapped between the monster gusts.

Here is a picture of some Hyacinth bulbs we saw blooming in a container outside of Grand Central Terminal. I liked them because they combined two of my favorite flower colors purple and blue.

4 comments:

melita said...

Wonderful photoes - I am speechless- the hold page is wonderful - congrats !

Christine said...

I think your daf photo is perfect! And the color stunning - and moody. Must've been the rain. ;)

SandyCarlson said...

Spring. Easter. Joy. The innocent wonder of spring comes to mind when I see these flowers. Love that daff!

Unknown said...

It is so lovely posting. So wonderful nature's creation. Nice photography.
dean graziosi