Thursday, September 08, 2011

Samantha Variegated Lantana


Variegated Lantana

Lantana camara 'Samantha'

(lan-TAN-a) (kuh-MAR-uh)

Synonyms: ‘Lemon Swirl’


Here is an annual that combines two of my favorite things. A free flowering habit and great looking foliage. Lantana seems to be making it on to this blog a lot lately and that is mainly since it has looked so good this year (most other years too). A heat and drought tolerant annual that keeps going until the hard frosts put it away. It does make into the conservatory for the winter sometimes and it kind of struggles to make through under glass but come spring it leaps back to life and looks great in no time.


Ugh, more rain here again. It’s making it almost impossible to get things done outside. We have already had 5.28 inches for the month and the tail of the remnants of tropical storm Lee still has to drag over us.


The first fall bulb catalog made it to our door yesterday. I need 500 Daffodils for the new area we are trying to complete. I don’t like the company but will use the catalog pictures as a reference guide with the client. Being able to add bulbs is one of the joys of making a new garden in the fall.

2 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

I remember the first time I saw Lantana. I couldn't get over how pretty it was, as is yours in this photo.

DJ said...

I just love lantana, should get some to my garden next year. Will have to check your other lantana photos.