Monday, May 03, 2010

Blue Rhododendron


Blue Rhododendron
Rhododendron polycladum Blue Diamond
(roh-do-DEN-dron)

This little leaf Rhododendron was blooming at the nursery. Somebody was buying the last three so there was no impulse to buy one although the blue color was alluring. I am glad I didn’t get one as later research indicated a hardiness of Zone 7, which is one zone warmer than where I was thinking of putting it.

I was able to get some of the replacement rose bushes that are needed in the big rose garden. I will publish the list soon. Not too many nurseries around here seem to sell the Hybrid Teas and Floribundas anymore. Everything is geared to the landscape, Austin, and carpet roses these days.

2 comments:

Cher' Shots said...

OMG I've never seen them in blue, that is GORGEOUS!!!!

julie said...

what a lovely flower!