Monday, September 20, 2010

Columbine


Columbine
Aquilegia
(a-kwi-LEE-jee-uh)

After doing some housekeeping on my hard drives and writing some back up DVDs I found this picture of a Columbine taken in May of 2008. It isn’t too often you get such a nicely colored seedling. The subtle color on this flower is appealing to me.

Most Columbines in the my garden tend to last only a couple of years before dying off and I am tending to classify them more as a biennial than perennial. The seedlings do continue on in the area and I have made a point of distributing the seed in a little bit larger area then what naturally occurs. This photo was taken with a Nikon Coolpix 5400 camera. It is a nice camera but has been sitting idle on the shelf for quite a while now.

2 comments:

lotusleaf said...

Beautiful flower! I can only see them in pictures.

alicia said...

What beautiful pics. You did a lovely job. Happy WW!