Monday, September 13, 2010

Very Early Belgian Chrysanthemum


Very Early Belgian Chrysanthemum
Chrysanthemum ‘Allegra Yellow’
(chri-san' thah-mum)

This was the first named mum I have seen blooming this season. It is a new cultivar and it was living up to its early blooming habit as these pictures were taken about 2 weeks ago. I will be happily shopping for some mums this week to replace some of the worn out annuals that didn’t like our Texas style summer.


Here is a shot of some of the mums lined up at the local nursery Valley view Greenhouses. They also had some Poinsettias started, which was a little off putting. I was glad to see that they were growing a lot of mums. It goes against a lot of the growers around here whose growing seemed to be so tentative this year. Its nice to know there is a place to get color if you need it.

1 comment:

Kala said...

I know it's autumn when the mums start blooming. I really like the middle shot!