Thursday, September 23, 2010

Reed Stem Orchid


Reed Stem Orchid
Epidendrum cv.
(ep-ih-DEN-drum)
Synonyms: Star Orchid, Crucifix Orchid

I am not sure of the name of this Reed Orchid as it was growing at someone’s house but it is a nice cultivar and seemed happy to be outside for the summer.

Yesterday was a music day as I rushed home to catch Selena Gomez’s live stream concert broadcast from NYC. I think it crashed part way through the show. What were they expecting as Selena has almost 9 million Facebook friends? At night someone invited me to see Big Head Todd and the Monsters at our local concert venue, The Ridgefield Playhouse. Not knowing what to expect the band was quite good and I had a good time.

1 comment:

Indrani said...

Beautiful Orchid.
Why are orchids so difficult to grow?
How should we care for them so that they bloom more often?