Friday, October 20, 2006

Curly Leaf Kale (Brassica oleracea 'Chidori White')




Curly Leaf Kale
Brassica oleracea 'Chidori White'
(BRAS-ee-kuh)

I was impressed by the amount of different varieties of Ornamental Cabbage and Kale I saw at the farm markets I visited. Each place had 5 or 6 types. Peacock, Emperor and Dynasty were a few of the ones I saw. They also had a nice selection of odd pumpkins and gourds. I guess everything is going to towards having the newest and latest types of plants. This particular Ornamental Kale was nice and compact with distinct areas of white and green.

Just a short post as I agonize over the late bulb order I have to place tomorrow. You have to pick out substitutions on almost everything because there are people that are much better organized that have already ordered.

I took this picture with my back up, back up camera a Nikon 5400. It is a nice little point and shoot. I like carrying a point and shoot and just firing away on Aperture priority mode. Most people don’t even know you are taking pictures.

Synonyms: (Flowering Cabbage, Ornamental Kale, Collard, Cole)

No comments: