Friday, October 27, 2006

Magnolia Seeds




This Magnolia fruit was at Wave Hill. I never knew that Magnolia had what is considered to be primitive flowers. I guess you could call them classic. I am already pining for the first spring flowers. I know they are still months away. Magnolias always remind me of spring although they often bloom sporadically during the summer. They have a couple nice seasons actually, with good yellow fall color and a distinct winter branching pattern. The buds are nice during the winter, also. I am not sure what type of Magnolia this is but I haven’t seen it in Connecticut. So I am thinking that it would not be hardy here.

I am happy it is Friday although tomorrow is supposed to be crummy around here. 1 to 2 inches of rain are expected and winds up to 50 miles per hour. Sounds like a good day to get caught up around the office.

No comments: