Sunday, October 15, 2006

Chrysanthemum



We just couldn’t let the season go without having at least one mum here at the house. I don’t have much of garden here. I don’t really have time as I am taking care of other people’s gardens. My wife picked out this striking one, that’s my girl. I haven’t seen one like this before and she said it was the only one they had. I actually had a few mums come up from last year. I was happy to see them blooming last week. I remembered to pinch them a couple of times so they didn't bloom in July. I was out shopping some of the retail nurseries fall sales and picked up some bargains that are needed for the planting job next week. I got a few things that were on the list and a couple of things that weren’t. I was able to find a couple of flowers to take pictures of and will post them this week. We have another cold night ahead as it may dip down to 29 degrees F. Karen broke one of my cameras and I am going to have to pack it up and send to Nikon. She forced the flash card in the wrong way. It isn’t really her fault, as the card seems to go in upside down and backwards. It is a Coolpix 8400, which is a very nice point and shoot. I have a Coolpix 5600 and that camera really feels tiny compared to the 8400. Oh well I can get by, the 5400 is actually a very good camera.

Too bad I don’t know what this mums name is. There was only a generic tag in the pot that said “Grown in Canada”. I hope it is a sign of things to come in mum varieties.


No comments: