Sunday, October 01, 2006



Threadleaf Coreopsis
Coreopsis verticillata 'Creme Brulee'
(kor-ee-OP-sis) (ver-ti-si-LAH-tuh)

I came across this nice new Coreopsis at the nursery. Its flower is larger and darker colored than ‘Moonbeam’. The foliage is very similar. Coreopsis or Tickseed culture is easy and rewarding. While I haven’t had experience growing this one, Moonbeam and Zagreb has been great editions to the borders.

Coreopsis needs full sun and generally benefits from a light shearing in August. This keeps the plants tidy and encourages another wave of bloom. I will have to try this one out.

I am suppose to go to a big garden party in Greenwich today. The weather couldn't be any more awful. The wind is really blowing and 1 to 2 inches of rain are expected. I hope there is a rain date as I was really looking forward to it.

“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns,
 or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
Abraham Lincoln

No comments: