Thursday, October 19, 2006

Japanese Anemone





The Japanese Anemones continue blooming very strong. I was at a garden today and several plants I had put in August were in flower. It was about the last plant that was really out in the border. Most everything including the Purple Dome Aster had a few stray flowers and really bad foliage. So these are a very nice touch to the fall garden. Sometimes the foliage has a little fungus this time of year but the flowers are held up high enough that the foliage is really not that prominent. Somebody told me that they love bud pictures and earlier this year I shot some pictures for her. I was pretty hooked, as the buds can be more beautiful then the flowers sometimes. Anyway it opened a whole new angle of flower photography for me. I haven’t been concentrating on it but I will stop and take a look if I pass a patch of flowers that are only in bud.

“I saw old Autumn in the misty morn stand shadowless like silence, listening to silence.”
Thomas Hood

Here is another bud picture I took earlier this year:

No comments: