Thursday, April 09, 2009

Gerber Daisy

Gerber Daisy
Gerbera jamesonii
(GER-ber-uh) (jay-mess-OWN-ee-eye)
Synonyms: Transvaal daisy, Barberton daisy

Another shot of this South African flower. This one was blooming at a local wholesale nursery. They had a selection of the most amazing Gerber colors. I was there to size up what they have for this spring. The place was quite loaded and the greenhouse was full of Easter flowers. The lilies sure smelled nice. The perennials were starting to arrive and it looked like a pretty good selection. The salesperson told me that the annual/perennial part of the nursery sales were the same as last year. That was encouraging news. I have a feeling that demand is going to outstrip supply this year.

On Tuesday while at the doctor’s office to get my tick bite examined I had an atrial fibrillation. After awhile and some testing I felt better and drove home. They really wanted me to go in the ambulance but I was feeling better. Soon after getting home the symptoms returned and Karen took me to the ER. It was amazing that I didn’t have to wait and I probably cut about 25 people in line. After much testing my rhythm again calmed down. It was real lucky all this happened at the doctor’s office. I have an appointment with a cardiologist today.

8 comments:

cherry said...

The color of the gerber daisy's are always so beautiful.

hoping all goes well with your appointment today.

hugs, Cherry

Sandra said...

Beautiful, rich color and detail. A wonderful shot.

Mortgages Home Loans said...

Excellent blog post.......Really beautiful flower i love this color....

Lynn said...

Gorgeous flower.My husband had an atrial fibrillation about 10 years ago. They did all sorts of tests and couldn't find any reason for it. It hasn't happened again. Hope your tests turn out good.

Mortgages Home Loans said...

WOW! What a beautiful flower, it really beautiful......Keep it continue....

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Turns out I am going to be all right after all.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your heart. I love your flower pictures; the compositions in your photographs are great and the color is so nuanced.

Justin Love said...

Nice Posts..