Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hosta 'Cathedral Windows'




Hosta 'Cathedral Windows'
(HOSS-tuh)


They had some wonderful Variegated Hosta at the nursery. They were in 5 gallon pots (huge!) and while expensive the quality was super. This cultivar caught my eye and had me racking my brains to think of a place to use it. It is according to the PDN catalog “intentional tetraploid mutation” of ‘Stained Glass’. It is from the famous Hosta breeder Hans Hansen. It has 40 inch flower stalks and the flowers are fragrant.

They had ‘Stained Glass’ at the nursery. It looked nice, too. This Hosta is ‘Sea Thunder’. It was developed by the “Queen of the Hostas”, Mildred Seaver. The green and gold variegated Hosta are some of my personal favorites.

3 comments:

joey said...

Lovely, Chris. Just what I need ... another tempting hosta (I'm an addict!)

Eric said...

Great blog and pics! I stumbled on it looking for Plumbago info.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Thanks joey, I so know where you coming from :lol:

Eric, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.