Friday, April 03, 2009

Yellow Daffodils – Blue Sky


Yellow Daffodils – Blue Sky
Trumpet Daffodil ‘King Alfred’
Skywatch Friday

Since the King Alfred Daffs were blooming and the sky was a really nice shade of blue combining them for a Skywatch was easy. I am actually holding this flower up to the sky since lying on the wet ground wasn’t an option. These were shot with my ‘old’ camera, the Nikon D70s. Since it has been repaired it seems to working just great. The warranty is 6 months so I figured that testing it now instead of later was smart.

It is a lot like spending some time with an old friend. Compared to the D700 it is a simple and straightforward camera and that is its beauty. I had to remember why I had upgraded to the D700 and it was for more megapixels. People keep asking me for really large prints and that is tough with the D70’s 6.1 MP files. Of course the low light performance and the super clear viewfinder helped the decision to get the D700, too.


The season is really heating up and business is good. It has already exceeded my expectations.

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine

And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance, Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

William Wordsworth

Happy Skywatching.
To see hundreds of other sky photos from around the world check
Skywatch Friday Main Page

9 comments:

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Dear D700:

We're thinking of upgrading cameras too. Will have to follow your adventures with the D700. Love the fact that you combine pictures with comments on photography AND poetry. You do it all, masterfully!

I see, to post, the word verification today is shoutsi! Let's all shoutsi for Skywatch Friday.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love the golden glow of light through your yellow daffodil! Beautiful photos!

SandyCarlson said...

Wordsworth is the springtime walk in the park dude. I think is words are worthy of your photo.

Jew Wishes said...

How beautiful. I like the tones and light, and especially the tranparency in the first photo.

Deb said...

beautiful photos, the yellow against the blue sky

Lara said...

a wonderful combination! superb colours!

i beati said...

wow factor

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

What a neat look at the sky shots and the neat flower.

Judy said...

These photos are just breath-taking!! I don't care how you did it, but the end result was well worth it!!