Saturday, April 11, 2009

Striped Double Impatiens

Striped Double Impatiens
Impatiens cv.
(im-PAY-shuns)

This flower caught my eye when at the nursery yesterday. I needed some pictures of the Tuberous Begonia colors since we are going to be doing a large planting of them this year. The customer is a little fussy about colors and I wanted to show her the available ones. As far as colors go I am not fussy, I like them all.

Double Impatiens are getting more popular and we have had good success with them in both bedding and container situations. This flower was just so bright and cheerful that it was hard to ignore. Hopefully they will have a few flats of these available when it comes time to plant annuals.

We also picked up some more Ranunculus and Pansies. Now the temperature is forecast to drop to 30 degrees (F) on Sunday night. That is at work, our home temperature is supposed to be 24 degrees! That stinks and I have a feeling that we will be replacing some flowers if it drops that cold. This has been one of the coldest March-Aprils I can remember. There is a 60 degree day forecast for the end of next week but I will believe that when I see it.

Not sure what flower this is but it was sitting on the bench next to the Bi-colored Impatiens. Some sort of Aster is my guess.


April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain.
T.S. Eliot 1888-1965