Friday, July 13, 2012

Purple Coneflower



Eastern Purple Coneflower
Echinacea purpurea
(ek-in-AY-shee-a)

I will never understand why this flower is called ‘purple’ coneflower and not ‘pink’ coneflower. The Echinaceas have been doing well this year and we actually planted some new ones. The perennial part of the population seemed to have been decimated by a few of the previous winters but last winter was warm and dry and those are the conditions they like. We planted a big group of my personal favorite ‘Ruby Star’ and a couple of Echinacea 'Hot Papaya', which is kind of a ghastly bright orange. The 'Hot Papaya' is a big hit and the client loved them.

Funny how things work out like that sometimes. Like today, I have been waiting to perform for about a month and finally it is show day but when I woke up this morning there was some sort of sting on my left wrist. It is kind of swollen and extremely itchy. Luckily I still have full range of motion and hopefully it will not effect my playing.

No comments: