Sunday, July 22, 2012

Purple Tropical Waterlily



Purple Tropical Waterlily
Nymphaea cv.
(NIM-fee-uh)
  
These are tropical water lilies. They were growing in Southern Florida last winter. The kind of transparent purple color was pretty amazing. This picture was shot with my Coolpix 8400. It is a good compact camera and I remember how excited I was to get an 8MP camera at the time. The pictures it took were huge and nice too. The 8400 has a very good lens on it.

Here is the bonus snapshot for Sunday. I don’t know why but I have been thinking about this building a lot lately. A little digging provided this shot that was never posted here before.


Key West Art and Historical Society
The Custom House, 1891
Key West, Florida

1 comment:

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

Boy that waterlily is scrumptions, and what a great photo. Nicely done.