Saturday, July 28, 2012

Stained Glass



Stained Glass

While looking at a gardening job in Westchester County I came upon this piece of stained glass. It was a panel inset along the front door and there were 5 other scenes but none were showing the light and color like this one. I quickly asked the prospective client of she minded my taking a picture of it and she said go ahead.

This picture was shot with the rarely used Sigma 17-70/ 2.8-4.5 lens and the Nikon D70s camera. It sure is weird using a zoom lens after all the prime (fixed focal length) lenses I have been using. I was sometimes forgetting to use the zoom and continued to “zoom with my feet” when I didn’t have to.

Here is a bonus fine art shot for Saturday. From the MOMA’s giant Picasso Collection.


Pablo Picasso, Spanish
Violin and Grapes, spring-summer 1912
Oil on Canvas

This is another Sigma lens shot this time the 28-200mm/3.3-5.6. It is a pretty good lens for the hyper-zoom category. This lens is a film days relic (old) that made a pretty good and smooth transition to digital.

No comments: