Wednesday, September 27, 2006



Lavender Lady Passion Flower
Passiflora x 'Lavender Lady'
(pass-iff-FLOR-uh)
(syn. P.'Amethyst')


The Passion Flowers seemed to have good year this year. I posted awhile back about the Red Passion Flower I was growing called ‘Lady Margaret’ and it has continued to bloom with abandon. I was not quite enchanted with one of the other Passions called ‘Lavender Lady’. This plant has come on strong in the late summer and has been exploding with flowers. What I like about these new, for me, Passion Flowers is they don’t seem to have the rampant growth that some of the species has, at least not when grown in a container. They are vigorous but it has been easy to keep under control. This plant was created by hybridizing P. amethystina x P. caerulea. The color, habit and cultivation of this plant are worth it. I am going to try and take it indoors.

Just a short post as I have been installing Belgian Block curbing the last couple of days and boy I’m tired. It takes a lot out of you. Just a couple of hundred feet more and I will be done.

I have a picture of a Blue Passion Flower on my other website. It isn’t that great but when I looked at the statistics it had been linked to over 100 websites and blogs. It used to bother me a bit but now I think it is funny and I sit back and see how many more sites will use it. It is copywrited but that doesn’t seem to stop people form using it.

Here is another picture of a Passion Flower that I am growing this year, it has wrapped nicely around my Golden Sweet Potato.

No comments: