Thursday, September 04, 2008

Austin Rose - Belle Story


Austin Rose
Rosa 'Belle Story'
Synonyms: Bienenweide, AUSelle

This rose was shot at the NYBG a couple of weeks ago. I just got around to cleaning off the memory card. Although I haven’t grown this Austin rose the culture of quite a few of the other Austin varieties has been pleasurable and rewarding. I would certainly have this rose in my garden. Here are some facts about ‘Belle Story’:

Year of Introduction: 1984
Hybridizer: David Austin, UK
Height: 5 feet
Parentage: (Chaucer x Parade) x (The Prioress x Iceberg)
ARS Color: Light Pink
ARS Rating: 8.9
Petal Count: 35
Fragrant: Yes, Spicy
Class: English Rose

We finally got a little rain from some thunderstorms yesterday. It was very local and some areas didn’t get it. Everything is so dry I am not sure that it helped. I am actually hoping the remnants of Tropical Storm ‘Hanna’ will make it up here. We don’t need the damaging winds but some copious amounts of rain would be welcome. It may hit here on Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely shot of this flower. I took some at a botanical garden I visited, way too many to post and share but all lovely like this. :-)