Saturday, October 27, 2007

Spooky Tree ~ Festival of Trees


Spooky Tree Festival of Trees
Weeping Beech

I wanted to participate in the Festival of Trees that I saw on Salix’s blog.

So here is my attempt at a ‘Spooky Tree’. It is actually a Weeping Beech tree that I shot in Long Island during full sunshine and edited with Photoshop. I am looking forward to see the other entries, they will probably be a lot scarier than mine.

I hope I am not to late as I just found out about this the other day.

10 comments:

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Tee hee, it was already in even before you posted this! *grin*
Love it!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Thanks. I will look forward to checking out the other spooky trees.

joey said...

Good bones ... great shot!

Diane Dehler said...

This one is wonderful. It would make a great book jacket for a Halloween story.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Thanks joey. Nice to see you around again. You musy have got that comment thing straightened out. Hooray!

Princess, it was a wonderful old tree at an Estate on Long Island. I went underneath and shot out which was just kind of a 'at the time' type of whim.

Kerri Farley said...

I think this is a very spooky tree. Great editing!

Annie in Austin said...

Wow, what a cool shot of the fine branching, DFP! I can't imagine how dense this tree is when it has leaves - must be like a cavern underneath.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

mitzh said...

It sure is spooky!

Great shot.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh lovely!

sheradactyl said...

i found your blog while searching for weeping beech trees in the city, they are the coolest trees and i'm looking for one within public transportation distance. would you be so kind as to let me know where this is, or if you know of any others? thanks! great picture!!