Thursday, July 31, 2008

Daylily 'Mary Todd'



Daylily
Hemerocallis 'Mary Todd'
(hem-er-oh-KAL-iss)

The Daylilies are still blooming and I thought I would share two that have had really good seasons. This first one is a nice yellow with large flowers (mine are about 5 inches across). It grows to a height of about 2 feet. Not sure if it is a rebloomer but if it isn’t does seem to have a very long flowering cycle. It is quite hardy, also. “Mary Todd’ has been around a long time as it was hybridized in 1967.

This second photo is ‘Woodside Royalty’, I think, and it is not the best picture I have ever taken but you can see it has a beautiful ruffled edge and nice color. The dark band around the edges is what really makes it for me, though.

6 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

I've had Mary Todd for several years. Love the gold color.

The second daylily is really nice. The colors are great together and I like the ruffles and the dark outline.
Marnie

ChrisJ said...

Oh yes! Woodside Royalty is definitely royalty in my book. Wonderful woods color and dark crinkled edge.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Daylilies are my favorite flowers. :o) The second one is grand!!!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

R and L, Mary Todd has been a great performer for me too.

chrisj, hi there. Royalty really kicks up the Daylily Collection a notch.

amy, thanks. I have few more Daylily pictures I will be posting soon.

Indrani said...

You say this is not the best picture of Woodside Royalty??
I wonder what that would be, because I am totally mesmerized by this.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

hi indrani,

I guess it was the background that was bothering me. It is a very cool flower though. Glad you liked it.