Thursday, July 31, 2008

Daylily 'Mary Todd'



Daylily
Hemerocallis 'Mary Todd'
(hem-er-oh-KAL-iss)

The Daylilies are still blooming and I thought I would share two that have had really good seasons. This first one is a nice yellow with large flowers (mine are about 5 inches across). It grows to a height of about 2 feet. Not sure if it is a rebloomer but if it isn’t does seem to have a very long flowering cycle. It is quite hardy, also. “Mary Todd’ has been around a long time as it was hybridized in 1967.

This second photo is ‘Woodside Royalty’, I think, and it is not the best picture I have ever taken but you can see it has a beautiful ruffled edge and nice color. The dark band around the edges is what really makes it for me, though.

6 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

I've had Mary Todd for several years. Love the gold color.

The second daylily is really nice. The colors are great together and I like the ruffles and the dark outline.
Marnie

ChrisJ said...

Oh yes! Woodside Royalty is definitely royalty in my book. Wonderful woods color and dark crinkled edge.

Amy said...

Daylilies are my favorite flowers. :o) The second one is grand!!!

Digital Flower Pictures said...

R and L, Mary Todd has been a great performer for me too.

chrisj, hi there. Royalty really kicks up the Daylily Collection a notch.

amy, thanks. I have few more Daylily pictures I will be posting soon.

Indrani said...

You say this is not the best picture of Woodside Royalty??
I wonder what that would be, because I am totally mesmerized by this.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

hi indrani,

I guess it was the background that was bothering me. It is a very cool flower though. Glad you liked it.