Monday, July 07, 2008

‘Flower Carpet Red’ Rose


‘Flower Carpet Red’ Rose for Ruby Tuesday

While wandering around the nursery yesterday I came upon this red rose. It was a little strange since it had been grown on a standard and into a little tree. I thought these roses were for ground covers. Recently ‘Flower Carpet White’ was posted here. These are good performing roses that are hardy and for the most part trouble free.

Class: Floribunda, Shrub.
Bred By: Werner Noack, Germany (1986)
Petal Count: Semi-double (9-16 petals)
Fragrance: None
Parentage: Seed: 'Irish Wonder' × 'Paprika' (floribunda, Tantau, 1957)
Pollen: 'Flower Carpet'

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty. Great photo!

Carletta said...

Your photos are always so gorgeous and this one is no exception!

me ann my camera said...

Lovely rose and lovely colour. My garden is overflowing with old fashioned pink ones at the moment. What is more beautiful and delicate than a rose?!

DrillerAA said...

Flowers seem to be a very popular topic today. Lovely shot. I have four of these plants in our front yard and they are just filled with blooms. Have a great Ruby Tuesday.

Dianne said...

I love the sweet unopened blooms.

maryt/theteach said...

Gee, Digital Flower, I took in a sharp breath when I saw this perfect rose! What a gorgeous post for Ruby Tuesday! You always do such a magnificent job! :)