Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pink Justicia


Pink Justicia
Dianthera nodosa
(dy-ANTH-er-uh) (nod-OH-suh)

This tropical plant was blooming at Wave Hill yesterday. It is a relative of the Shrimp plant and hails from Eastern Brazil. From all accounts it is easy to grow and very free flowering. I liked the way it was blooming all the way down the stem.

This was a tiny leaved plant that was growing in pot with a Taro (which is where the shadows came from). Not sure what it was but it looked very nice.


Tune in tomorrow fro a couple of pictures of the new pup. We pick her up two weeks from last Friday.

4 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

New pup? How cool is that.

Great shots. My father has some of the pink justicia in his yard. Now I know it is more than just the Pink Thing by the fence. Thanks for continuing my education.

Jon said...

It is always a treat to visit your great blog! In fact, I have you listed on my favorites in my blogroll. I really like your photography and I'm trying to improve my skills. Good luck with the new pup....my two rat terriers are my pride and joy and enjoy supervising me as I work in my garden....or should I say "their" garden? Best regards, Jon at Mississippi Garden http://mississippigarden.blogspot.com

Digital Flower Pictures said...

sandy, see my note on the Justicia.

jon, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I will visit your site. The puppy is from Florence, Mississippi.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photo - was trying to explain the cutting I had just given to my boyfriend's grandmother. I will post it to her. Also have a puppy - 5 month old Keeshond, Pepper. She is helping to prune our garden - creating lots more cuttings of the unfortunate Justicia pot plants! Luckily it is winter in Queensland, Australia - so things should bounce back when she's loosing interest in spring (I hope). Penny Robertson