Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pink Flowering Dogwood Berries


Pink Flowering Dogwood Berries
Cornus florida var. rubra
(KOR-nus) (FLOR-ih-duh)
Cornaceae

These berries are from a Pink Flowering Dogwood and I am not sure if there is any difference between them and a White Dogwood’s berries. The berries don’t seem to last too long on my trees. The birds tend to eat them up quick.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans out there and to every one else out there that wants to give thanks for something. This year has had its up and downs but again I find myself to be thankful. I am on my way to Simsbury, Connecticut for a family meal. Some friends will be there also. Thanksgiving usually means to me the final stretch of our season at work. So starting tomorrow we are going to try and finish up everything including putting some of the big pots indoors, planting some stray plants and bulbs, and giving everything a final cleanup.

No comments: