Saturday, November 01, 2008

Jack London State Park


Jack London State Park
Glen Ellen, California

These were taken during our visit to Jack London State Park in Glen Ellen. I found the trails, woods and buildings to be fascinating. We didn’t make it to the Lake because we had the little guy with us and it was a long walk. The Redwoods near the Wolf House ruins were amazing. These great trees always give me a sense of awe and excitement with a pinch of humbleness thrown in. The light shining down through the huge trees and illuminating this little patch of foliage was really nice. I thought that the small tree had grown perfectly to grab a few minutes of sun during the afternoon.


The park is well worth visiting. The town of Glen Ellen is nice to walk around and there are some nice Vineyards in the area.

"The grapes on a score of rolling hills are red with autumn flame. Across Sonoma Mountain wisps of sea fog are stealing. The afternoon sun smoulders in the drowsy sky. I have everything to make me glad I am alive. I am filled with dreams and mysteries. I am all sun and air and sparkle. I am vitalized, organic."

I found this quote here:

Sonoma Parks.net

It sums up my visit pretty well almost 100 years later. There is a lot of good information on the site about the park. I got a few more pictures at the park, which I will try and post tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous place! I just know Glen Ellen from the wine bottles!
My friend's Marc and Eliana are on a cross country road trip and they hit the redwoods a few weeks ago. You can see their photos on www.marcandeliana.com

Les said...

Thanks for posting your pics. I have only seen redwoods out of their element here on the east coast where they will never realize their full potential. Jack London Park looks like a great place.