Monday, September 10, 2007

Flower Buds

Zinnia elegans 'Zowie Yellow Flame'

Since my friend in Germany turned me on to bud photography I have been enjoying trying to capture emerging flowers. Sometimes they are as pretty as the flowers themselves. This is a little collection of flower buds I got on Saturday at the Queens Botanical Garden. Since I have had a little more time to reflect on my visit I have to admit how much I enjoyed it.

Rose Mallow Bud

Weird Clerodendron Bud Abstract

Karen and I went to the Irish Festival yesterday and it was a fun afternoon. We saw some dancing and a couple of bands. One thing that was not happy, we both agreed it made it long to return to Ireland. Lucky I didn’t drink too much, I only had a pint of Guinness so there are no after effects today. It takes awhile these days to bounce back from drinking too much. I have a big week at work planned and I have to start to think about my winterizing plans. There still is a good bit left to the season but I have found in the large garden it pays to think ahead.

Squash Bud from the Senior Garden

I bought Karen a Money Tree (Pachira aquatica) the other day when I was at the nursery. I have been urging it to grow, if you know what I mean. It actually has grown several inches already. I am going to have to research how to grow it as a houseplant. I really hope it flowers as I would love to take a picture of the beautiful blooms. Whenever I have seen them blooming in the tropics the flowers are way off the ground making it impossible to get a good photo of them. Here is a link if you haven’t seen a money tree before.
Pachira aquatica

3 comments:

dot said...

Your pictures are just absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Those buds photo are gorgeous! :-)

Happy WW!
Mine is up at Tricotine

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful.

Florist directory