Friday, October 03, 2008

White New York Aster

New York Aster
Symphyotrichum novi-belgii 'Puff White'
(sim-fy-oh-TRY-kum) (NO-vee BEL-jee-eye)

The Asters continue to put on a good show and this time of year always finds me wishing I had planted more. This white one has been blooming for quite awhile. ‘Puff White’ is an improved version of ‘White Swan’. Not having grown ‘White Swan’ before I am not sure how the two stack up against each other but ‘Powder Puff’ is a longer blooming Aster than most. It also stays fairly compact.


This flower used to be known as Aster novi-belgii and I am still getting used to the new genus name. Nothing like over complicating things.


It is suppose to be a nice weekend here and I am looking forward to try and get a few seasonal pictures. That probably means a couple pumpkin and mum photos. The color here in Connecticut is just starting with a few a trees starting to show their fall glory.

No comments: