Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween


Happy Halloween
Mum and Pumpkins

We are back in Connecticut after a great trip to California. We really saw some nice botanical stuff and of course visited with family. There is a big pile of things I have to take care of on my desk and there is also a lot of work to be done in the gardens to get ready for winter. It was nice to have a break and now I feel sufficiently recharged to jump back in and finish up the season.

This was one of the few Chrysanthemums I saw in while in California. I guess they aren’t so popular when most of the other plants are still giving a lot of flowers. The roses were just spectacular and I will be posting some rose photos later this weekend. The landscape, while a little arid this time of year, was beautiful and I think a few of those pictures came out well. It is going to take awhile to go through them all.

This a ‘Lil Pok-e-Mon’ Pumpkin. One of the unusual varieties of small pumpkins I saw this year.


Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, Voices whisper in the trees, "Tonight is Halloween!"”

Dexter Kozen

1 comment:

Les said...

Your viewing public looks forward to more pics from your trip to the other coast.