Monday, August 14, 2006




Floribunda Rose
‘Moondance’

Photographed at the Peggy Rockefeller Rose Garden in Bronx, New York. I went to the New York Botanical Garden yesterday. There is a Chihuly exhibit there this summer. I hope to post something on that later this week. The rose garden was in fine shape. I have been trying to photograph all the All-American Rose Selections for a couple of years now. I have a lot of AARS images on my other website. I keep falling behind a little each year as several new varieties are picked. The older ones are the really hard ones to find. There is a garden in Los Angeles that has all the cultivars that I am thinking of trying to visit next spring. I didn’t get to go to California at all this year. I love taking pictures out there.

Anyway I got a few of the 2006 winners that I am missing and of course it was my first real look at the class of 2007. ‘Moondance’, featured here, is a double award winner. It won Floribunda of the Year and the AARS awards. It has a nice fragrance and a petal count of about 30. One of the parents is ‘Iceberg’ a white rose that I have had pretty good luck with.

No comments: