Saturday, March 26, 2011

Beallara Purple Haze ‘Jimi Hendrix’


Beallara Purple Haze ‘Jimi Hendrix’
Beallara
Parentage: Miltonia Boulivot x Beallara Tahoma Glacier

Sorry about the all of the Orchid photos lately but they are the freshest pics that are on my hard drive. This Orchid is one that I had been trying to photograph for a while and I was happy to see it at the 2011 NY Orchid show. Often times when I want to shoot a particular flower it is good for me to go ahead and try to get a good photo and move on.

This flower is named after the great rock guitarist Jimi Hendrix. The color combination and size of the flower make it a true gem. It is an intergeneric hybrid.

This next Orchid is an Odontocidium type. I am not sure which cultivar it is but it had an impressive array of flowers. The bud picture shows the flower before opening. It doesn’t portend the great colors and markings of the flower to emerge.


2 comments:

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Love the orchids, both of them. You know they call Junior Brown a cross between Jimi Hendrix and Ernest Tubb.

Rosie Gan said...

I may not know the names of these orchids, but I do know they are fabulous. Look at the designs on the petals!
Rosie