Monday, March 28, 2011

Garden Phlox

Garden Phlox
Phlox paniculata 'Nicky'
(floks) (pan-ick-yoo-LAY-tuh)

This is a tall Phlox that has a deep color. The flowers are nicely fragrant and form big trusses. A nice plant for the summer garden.

The last couple of nights have been a little uneasy for us as we made a big planting of Pansies and Andromeda last week. The temperatures just haven’t been cooperating over night. I knew it was risky but since the flowers are for a memorial service next week the work had to be done. I guess I will see if there is any cold damage to the stuff this morning.


This is a picture of some left over Chihuly glass from Fairchild Gardens.

3 comments:

Kala said...

All of my spring photos on the blog are from last year. We don't have any daffodils or crocus blooming yet - late season so far. Hope there's no damage to your new plantings.

Indrani said...

"Chihuly Glass" I have never seen something like this before. Amazing color and shape.

Thank you so much for helping me name the orchid. :)

Not So Simply Single said...

I salivate when I see Chihuly glass. We had a Chihuly show here in Maui about ten years ago and I fell in love with his art, so magnificent.